It's like ribbon, paint, vellum paper + tape got together over a weekend
+ said "hey why don't we combine the best of all of us?" Then BOOM Washi Tape was born.
I love Washi Tape + here's why:
a) It comes in so many cool patterns.
b) It has a lovely vellum-like texture which makes it look ultra modern on anything it touches.
c) It adheres easily like tape + can be repositioned over + over again in case you mess up OR
change your mind.
d) It doesn't need to dry like paint and there's no paint mess or icky residue.
e) It goes on every surface I can think of!!
Now that you see why Washi Tape is so cool, here are a few cool ways I can think of that I'd love to use Washi Tape on for my next party, or decorate a room.
1. To embellish a paper runner + glass votives.
|photo via kellyoshiroevents.com|
2. To dress up drinking glasses + vases.
|photo via a creative mint|
OR for Table Numbers..
|photo via wedding window|
3. To wrap up party straws, limbo sticks, whatever!
|photo via thompsonfamily.typepad.com|
4. To ice a fondant cake inexpensively.
|photo via ohmyhandmade.com|
5. To cover wooden clothespins to clasp favor bags.
|photo via ahappyadventure.com|
6. To decorate favor bags.
|photo via blogshopr.com|
7. No Paint Required wooden letters! Ah my prayers have been answered no more painting 2 -3 coats
+ waiting to dry!
|photo via boxhamblyscreenprints.com|
8. Minimal understated party banner.
|photo via tinyprints.com|
9. Dress up frames or make an illusion of one
|photo via graceandlightstudio.com|
10. Focal Party Wall or Room Decor.
|photo via ohdeedoh.com|
11. Forget the Wall Sticker Decals, this looks so much cooler :)
|photo via brooklyn bride|
12. Its never too early to start thinking about Halloween in my book! NO mess, Modern, Pumkins.
|photo via real simple|
I hope you enjoyed all things Washi Tape + you're inspired to go tape crazy.
It might end up on your cell phone, hair + fridge like it has on mine - but I think it makes anything so pretty + chic!